Monday 3 January 2011

Thank You Dieter Kunzemann.

I love to buy and sell bits I find. But over time numerous people have told me I have a knack for finding specific things they collect. And it all started with this Dieter Kunzemann (DK) jug.



I bought this from a Car Boot Sale last summer. After my usual research I found that DK was born near Leipzig, East Germany in 1928. He trained with his father-in-law, country potter Chris Harris, producing numerous sgraffitto decorated wares in the late 60s and 70s before his work with Coldstone Pottery and this, his green series. His stamp is a simple DK:



I soon sold it on ebay to someone who was just starting a collection of Dieter Kunzemann pottery. But not two weeks had gone by before I found this rare cheese dish...


 Then, last month I stumbled across this snack tray (it's huge! 16" long)...


I sold all three to the same collector and have been keeping my eye out ever since. I've also been inspired to start this blog.

So Thank you Dieter Kunzemann.

If there's anything you collect, tweet me at @things_i_find or leave a comment below and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment